Academics... Life Skills
In this diverse world unity absorbs all the diversities. A common value system helps to create an identity that bonds people together. The values of team work, unison with nature, expression of creative self, leadership, civic sense, protection of our heritage are reinforced through the medium of various activities that are undertaken in the class.
We have already integrated teaching of life skills with the teaching of curriculum. Students give vent to their innovative selves through various programme designed for them.
The Ten core Life Skills as laid down by WHO are being taught:
1. Self-awareness 2. Empathy
3. Critical thinking 4. Creative thinking
5. Decision making 6. Problem Solving
7. Effective communication 8. Interpersonal relationship
9. Coping with stress 10. Coping with emotion
The above said life skills are being taught through various programmes such as Value Education modules.
- Communicating and negotiating safer life situations.
- Respecting Rich Cultural Heritage.
- Self Defence Programmes
- Adolescence Education Programme
- Physical & Mental Health Awareness
- Social skills & etiquettes workshops
- Personality Development & Communication skills.
Community Reach Programmes : The school lends a helping trend to the community at large by conducting various programmes. Time to time , where prominent personalities participate in union with the students.
- Cleanliness Drive
- Caring & Sharing Week
- Gardening/Shrmadaan Acitvity
- Environmental Awarenessprogrammes.
- Donations for Charitable institutes
- Visiting Orphanages, slums and old age homes.
- Sensitizing masses about Traffic Rules
- Taking out rallies for clean neighbourhood, say no to crackers etc.